Roasted Chickpea Snack
This easy toddler snack is a great source of vegan protein, which is helpful for us as little guy is a vegetarian. Finding other sources of protein besides dairy is always a win for us. But of course my favorite thing about this recipe is that there is virtually no clean up- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and toss/compost when you're done!
I think Felix likes this because of the shape honestly. It's like eating popcorn, but with protein and minus the chocking hazard. The seasoning is Moroccan inspired and the cinnamon gives it a sort of sweetness (without added sugar) that I think he likes.
Let me know if you try this one, I'm curious how other toddlers like it!
1 Can/box Chickpeas, rinsed
1 TB olive oil (optional- will give the peas a little more crunch)
1/8 Tsp Cumin
1/4 - 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
sprinkling of salt
sprinkling of pepper (optional)
1) Rinse the chickpeas in a strainer and pat dry
2) Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place chickpeas on sheet
3) If using, drizzle olive oil
4) Sprinkle cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper if using
5) Pull up sides of paper so you can swish everything around a bit
6) Put in oven at 375 for roughly 15 minutes. You can adjust the time and temp to suit how crispy you want the chickpeas